On Tue, 9 Mar 2004, Casey Heshler wrote:

> On Tuesday 09 March 2004 01:48, Bill Unruh wrote:

> Bill, didn't have ncftp, but I was able to follow your directions on the "ftp"
> - the file (wav) has been placed where you asked, and under the name you
> requested. Hope this helps with a little diagnosis...

The file is at
ftp.theory.physics.ubc.ca/outgoing/heshler.wav
and can be downloaded via anonymous ftp.

And teh noise really looks like noise. It has different levels in the
two channels, and is up to 40 bytes wide (10 samples) of consistant
level-- ie the signal level does not change much in that 40 bytesi--
however the signal level in the two channels differs. It occurs in quiet
areas and in "full volume" areas. (The max amplitude of the signal is
about 50% of the max possible, and the noise spikes go up to about 25%
but with very varied heights.) It looks almost like some sort of
electical noise.

Remind us again how this was recorded?