For me personally, I made the mental switch from looking at other development
communities and attempting to bring those ideas to .NET to venturing out into
those other communities and not worrying so much about .NET at all. I still
value the friendships I made via ALT.NET and like Ian am in contact with most
of them via Twitter,  Facebook, etc.

+1 on a need for another BBQ.

--
Bobby Johnson