Hi, Bryan;

The Kenwood TH-F6A is another good choice. The six-segment S-meter works well. That radio family has a decent number of accessories, it's a great way to add 220 MHz to your arsenal if you don't already have it, and the broadband .1MHz to 1.3GHz SSB/CW/AM/FM broadband multi-mode receiver is a nice bonus. Listen to an AM or FM broadcast band station while you're on the field prepping a rocket...

They show up used on e-bay and/or QRZ.com frequently, often with some accessories. I purchased mine, used, several years ago. While I would normally carry it more often, it's currently pressed into service as a low power Allstar node transceiver. Enjoy.

73,

Dave Andreatta
Erie, CO
WD0HXN