Yeah.....sold mine (which had gps) and bought two gd77s....opengd77 is
much easier to program and use. (Codeplugs are a mess on the
anytones......sigh)

RF performance was/is about the same.

NO gps on the gd77s however....and no aprs reception either. (I do NOT
use either of these on my HH radios, so I cannot say how well they
work on the anytones.)

Bob W9YA