On Thu, 17 May 2001 at 11:09am, C. Chan wrote

> I made some backups with Amanda using GNU tar and xfsdump and the recovery
> under both was consistent. I followed suggestions to remove ext2 dump so
> Amanda would detect xfsdump and recompiled, but I find this rather inelegant.
> I plan to make a JFS partition as well, so this machine will
> have multiple dumps, and I'd like to be able to specify which dump to
> use for a filesystem in my amanda.conf file.

As John R. Jackson has pointed out, amanda "should" discover fs type and
use the proper dump program (given that it was detected at configure
time).  Multiple filesystems on one box should not be a problem.  If they
are, it's a bug and should be reported as such.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering