I think I was the one who made the suggestion to remove ext2 dump, but I
was wrong, you don't have to do that.  ./configure will find both
xfsdump and dump, and amanda will choose whichever program is
appropriate for the type of filesystem i.e. if it is XFS filesystem and
you have not specified GNUTAR, xfsdump will be used automatically.

--
"Jonathan F. Dill" ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
CARB Systems and Network Administrator