Am Mittwoch, 20. Juni 2001 22:17 schrieben Sie:

Hi John!

> >For security: My NoRewinding device ist /dev/nst0.
> >Shall i take this device for my changer?
> It should be the tape device name.  Whether it is also your changer
> device name depends on your hardware.
> >When i take
> >amrecover -d /dev/nst0 or
> >amrecover -d /dev/st0
> >and i become the same error ...
> Using /dev/nst0 should have worked.  I'm not sure I understood your
> last sentence.  Did "-d /dev/nst0" fail?  What messages did you get?
> In particular (if it failed), what was in /tmp/amanda/amidxtaped*debug?
> >sorry, i forgot to post a message called:
> > WARNING: not on root of selected filesystem, check man-page!
> >I think the $CWD mount point is not set correct.
> You didn't post the important message that comes out right before this:
>   $CWD '/some/path' is on disk '/some/disk' mounted at /some/mount/point'.
> Seeing that would help understand the problem.

That's fine.

> >When i go to /drives/drive2 and start amrecover, the Warning Message don't
> >come and restore works (i hope so)
> But the files replace the originals, right?

right, but before it comes a warning message that the files exists.

> >When i go to /drives/drive2/Online-Marketing/customer/April the warning
> >message is coming and the restore failed.
> What do you mean by "the restore failed"?

I don't no, amrestore is quiting with no comment.

> >Where must i go to use the right $CWD mount point?
> When I do restores, I create a directory at the top of the file system
> that was backed up, e.g. "/drives/drive2/.bkrest", then "cd" to there
> and start amrecover.
>
> If you cd to /drives/drive2/Online-Marketing/customer/April and run
> amrecover from there, files will be restored relative to that point.
> For instance, restoring Online-Marketing/customer/April/JJ would come
> back as:
> /drives/drive2/Online-Marketing/customer/April/Online-Marketing/customer/Ap
>ril/JJ
>
> which is probably not what you want (although you could rename it,
> of course).  That's why I create the temp area at the top of the mount
> point so there is only one extra directory layer involved.

well, i made a directory so you've written, i used the /dev/nst0 and the
recovery is working fine.

Thank you very much for your Info. That helps!
Thanks a lot.

Bye Juergen
--
Dies ist eine Microsoft freie Mail!