Hi all:

I've been backing up my system with amanda for the last week, and now
I'm doing the acid test: I'm trying to restore the backup to my laptop
computer, having upgraded to a larger disk.  The backups seem to go
fine, according to the reports I've been getting.  However, the restore
isn't going so well.  I boot the laptop with tomsrtbt, having hacked
/etc/services to include the amanda, amandaidx, and amidxtape services.
Are the last two necessary?

When I start amrecover on the client, I get the following:

# amrecover -s {server} -t {server} -d {tape}
AMRECOVER Version 2.4.2ps.  Contacting server on {server} ...
amrecover: amandaidx/tcp unknown protocol

Note that if I don't include all the switches above, it tries to contact
itself instead of the server.  Have I screwed something up here?

One item to note is that I do *not* have inetd running; tomsrtbt doesn't
include it by default.  There is a small amount of space left; on my
system, /sbin/inetd is 21K; if it doesn't need anything else, perhaps I
can include it.  Will that solve my problem?

Thanks in advance,
John