On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Christoph Sold wrote:
> Harri Haataja wrote:
> > On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Amanda backup user wrote:
> >
> > > *** A TAPE ERROR OCCURRED: [[writing file: No space left on device]].
> > > FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
> > >   tunkki     /usr/home lev 2 FAILED [out of tape]
> > >   taper: FATAL syncpipe_get: r: unexpected EOF
>
> The error message says it all: there was more data to backup than will
> fit onto your tape.

I'm not quite willing to accept that's the only thing (I intend to test
more and do some more logreading =), since I had another report (should've
quoted that) on the same flush that said tape used was 23% or so.

> > Can you give some direct tip as to why this is happening or is there
> > something I should know about this version change?

What I was curious about is that is there something radically different in
the CVS.

> Yes: either buy yourself bigger backup media, or subdivide your backup
> volumes. eventlually, utilize the manual changer to backup onto more
> than one tape.

The media used to be quite adequate as this is not a big backup. It might
have exploded in size just recently and one reason I was going to this was
to get to the file target instetad of tapes (rsync beats sneakernet, I'll
tape the stuff elsewhere).

--
#!/bin/bash