----

   From: "chandra" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

   Hi

   I have just installed Amanda 2.42 on a Linux server running Red Hat 7.1. =
   I have done the configuration and followed the instruction provided as =
   best as possible. I am having a problem it trying to label a tape drive =
   and I keep getting this error

   amlabel dailyset dailyset111
   rewinding, reading label, not an amanda tape
   rewinding, writing label, daily111=20
   checking label
   amlabel o label found  are you sure /dev/st0 is non rewinding

   the tape drive is a quantum dlt2000 attached to scsci id 0

   I have looked up the man pages for amlabel and there was a error =
   description for the above and it says its might have to do with =
   misconfiguring Amanda with a rewinding tape device instead of a =
   non-rewinding device name for tape=20

   How do I check this.

   Thanks

   Chandra