Can you repeat which node is the client and which is the server?  Your
errors seem to reflect a strange configuration:

Charles Farinella wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Jan 2002, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
>
> As suggested we have fixed our .amandahosts file to reflect the fully
> qualified hostname.  Now I get the following:
>
> Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
> --------------------------------
> ERROR: localhost.localdomain: [could not access /dev/rd/c0d0p7
> (/dev/rd/c0d0p7): Permission denied]

This means that amandauser on localhost.localdomain cannot read/write to
/dev/rd/c0d0p7 on localhost.localdomain.  But is this really what you
want?  What does your disklist on the server configuration say?

> ERROR: localhost.localdomain: [could not access /dev/rd/c0d0p2
> (/dev/rd/c0d0p2): Permission denied]
> ERROR: localhost.localdomain: [could not access /dev/rd/c0d0p6
> (/dev/rd/c0d0p6): Permission denied]
> ERROR: localhost.localdomain: [could not access /dev/rd/c0d0p1
> (/dev/rd/c0d0p1): Permission denied]
> ERROR: localhost.localdomain: [could not access /dev/rd/c0d0p5
> (/dev/rd/c0d0p5): Permission denied]
> ERROR: localhost.localdomain: [can not read/write /etc/dumpdates:
> Permission denied]

This means that amandauser on localhost.localdomain cannot write to
/etc/dumpdates --  you would get this error by default unless you change
the permissions on /etc/dumpdates on localhost.localdomain.

--

David T. Smith
PGP Fingerprint: 7B01 0086 BC4E C092 5348  B9AE E79A 07F2 9E59 29C2