On Tue, 8 Jan 2002, Paul Lussier wrote:

> In a message dated: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 09:43:10 EST
> Charles Farinella said:
>
> >As suggested we have fixed our .amandahosts file to reflect the fully
> >qualified hostname.  Now I get the following:
> >
> >Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
> >--------------------------------
> >ERROR: localhost.localdomain: [could not access /dev/rd/c0d0p7
> >(/dev/rd/c0d0p7): Permission denied]
>
> >This is my first attempt at installing Amanda, so I am unsure of what this
> >means.  Who 's permissions are denied?  The amandauser has access to the
> >devices in question, the program was built with proper (I think)
> >configuration, the amcheck script has the following permissions:
>
> Charlie,
>
> Can you provide the 'ls -l' output for those devices?
>
>       /dev/rd/c0d0p7
>       /dev/rd/c0d0p2
>       /dev/rd/c0d0p6
>       /dev/rd/c0d0p1
>       /dev/rd/c0d0p5
>
> Also, can you provide the 'ls -l' output for the /etc/dumpdates file
> on the client in question.

Paul,

brw-rw----    1 root     disk      48,   7 Jan  7 17:14 /dev/rd/c0d0p7
brw-rw----    1 root     disk      48,   6 Aug 30 16:30 /dev/rd/c0d0p6
brw-rw----    1 root     disk      48,   5 Aug 30 16:30 /dev/rd/c0d0p5
brw-rw----    1 root     disk      48,   2 Aug 30 16:30 /dev/rd/c0d0p2
brw-rw----    1 root     disk      48,   1 Aug 30 16:30 /dev/rd/c0d0p1
-rw-rw-r--    1 root     disk            0 Jan  7 17:14 /etc/dumpdates

The amandauser is included in the group 'disk', and can touch any of the
devices.

--charlie

Charles Farinella                       Appropriate Solutions, Inc.
www.AppropriateSolutions.com            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
603.924.6079(v)                         603.924.8668(f)