On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, Brian Cuttler wrote:

>Unless, IRIX, unlike Solaris, is stripping the suid bit across the
>NFS network mount. I mean, this works fine on the Solaris config
>but is a problem on IRIX.
>
>IRIX, like unix only different.

Come on, be fair.  IRIX, like _ANY_ unix will strip the suid bit if you
specify that behavior, which sounds like the case here.  Read fstab(4)
under IRIX for information on the nosuid mount option.  If you don't
desire this security-enhancing behavior just remove the nosuid option
from your NFS mount.

--
Brandon D. Valentine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Computer Geek, Center for Structural Biology

"This isn't rocket science -- but it _is_ computer science."
        - Terry Lambert on [EMAIL PROTECTED]