Dan Wilder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 08:42:13PM -0500, Chris Dahn wrote:
> >   So, I upgraded my linux kernel to 2.4.17. I'm running a redhat system,
> > originally 7.1.  I have the mt-st package version .5beta release 10.
> > Occasionally when I attempt to run an amcheck, my system merely stops. No
> > kernel panic, not segfaulting, it simply stops. Does anyone know of this
> > problem? I'm going to try upgrading mt-st next, but I was hoping for a little
> > confirmation.
> >
> > -Chris
> >

> Is there a reason you need to run a 2.4 kernel?

When you're making backups, it's really nice to be able to create files
bigger than 2GB in size.  2.4 allows big files, even on 32-bit systems.

Anyway, I've usually been using the patched kernel sources in Debian's
testing tree.  Haven't had any trouble with them..

--
        Mike Hicks   [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
   Unix Support Assistant    | Carlson School of Management