On Thu, 18 Jul 2002, Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Thursday 18 July 2002 12:33, Marc Mengel wrote:

> >Amanda-hackers -- shouldn't we have a link to their project on the
> >main Amanda page, next to the SAMBA links?
> >
> >Marc
>
> Much as we'ed like to be a bit political here, this being primarily
> a *x type list, I have to agree with Marc.  Only by inviting the
> windows users in can we make it 100% compatible on a faster
> timetable, and widen the userbase of amanda.

I strongly agree.  Good tape drives and tapes are expensive.  There
is a strong incentive to find one backup system that will handle all
your backup needs.  The samba stuff sorta-kinda works, but having a
good client that runs directly on M$ os's will enable a lot more folks
to choose amanda.

-Mitch