On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 03:26:40PM -0800, A R wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have been tasked with updating my company's aging backup equipment.

> Loader:
> Overland ARCvault24 w/ two LTO-3 tape drives
>
> I guess the main questions I'm trying to figure out are... ... and is
the tape equipment that I have selected compatible with amanda?  I
tried calling Overland, but apparently they have never tested Amanda
against the ARCvault, but it clearly works with the Powerloader without
trouble.  I see no mention of the ARCvault anywhere on this group, so I
figured I'd ask and see if anyone out there has had any experience with
that particular loader.

JB-L already gave a lot of good info.  I'll just point out that for
the changer/drive to work with amanda the drives need to be compatible
with the mt program (almost a given) and the changer be compatible
with the mtx program.  Amanda does little more than use these programs
for control functions and writes data to the drives.

Overland may be able to confirm these more limited compatibilities.

--
Jon H. LaBadie                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 JG Computing