On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 03:22:28PM -0700, Michael Loftis wrote:
> I can't recommend LSI Logic SCSI cards.  The drivers in atleast 2.6 Linux
> are pretty ugly.

on the (NetBSD) flip side, I've had better experience with the NCR/LSI
(esiop) drivers than adaptec (ahc).  the adaptec seems to give up pretty
easily on errors, and while it doesn't panic the kernel, it goes
comatose until a reboot.

who else is still making SCSI chipsets these days?

--
  Aaron J. Grier | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
              "silly brewer, saaz are for pils!"  --  virt