There is a (moderately good) howto by me and an excellent one by Paul
Bijnens at this location : http://www.amanda.org/docs/howto-wrapper.html

I use it to shut down Lotus Domino and Oracle databases.

Bert

"Stefan G. Weichinger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
02/14/08 07:13 PM
Please respond to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Amanda user's group" <amanda-users@amanda.org>
cc

Subject
Backing up VMware-VMs

Greets to all of you,

just before I try to reinvent the wheel:

For a client I have to dump VMware-VMs with amanda, they should be shut
down by a wrapper script (using vmware-cmd), dumped and restarted, one
VM after the other.

I can imagine the solution already, shouldn't be too hard, but I am
curious if someone here is already successfully doing this, and if he or
she might want to share knowledge or even the script itself ;)

Thanks in advance,
Stefan