Robert,

I had another thought.  You could set all your DLEs to
be set to do incremental only.  I forget whether this
is "strategy nofull" or "strategy incronly" or ???.
With this you may be able to set you runtapes to 1
and maybe use a larger tape size as you would not
be archiving them to DVDs.  You would probably set
dumpcycle to some arbitrarly large number.

Next you would have your cronjob once a month do
an amadmin command before the amdump to force
full backups the next dump run.  You would have
to run amdump with options to set runtapes to
a larger value than 1.  Perhaps you could also
set to tapesize to match DVD size with options
also -- I'm not sure if this parameter can be
changed from the amdump command line.

Such a setup is probably best run by having your
cronjob execute a shell script to decide which
type of amdump to run.

I used to run a similar setup.  When I did it
I setup three configs, something like Daily-Archival
for the level 0 dumps, Daily-Incremental for
the other dumps, and Daily-Common.  The latter
was never used for dumps but contained the files
shared by the other two dumps (logdirs, curinfo
dirs, etc.).  Daily-Common was used for restores
however.

Jon
--
Jon H. LaBadie                  j...@jgcomp.com