At Sun, 3 Oct 2010 10:11:57 -0500 "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dus...@zmanda.com>
wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 5:01 PM, Robert Heller <hel...@deepsoft.com> wrote:
> > I picked a 'virtual' tape size to match the capacity of a DVD-R: 4.3Gig,
> > with the idea of migrating the fulls and the more major incrs to DVD-Rs
> > for long-term archival.
>
> Ah!  You should take a look at both the dvdrw device (for writing to
> DVDs) and at amvault (for copying dumps to other volumes).  In 3.2,
> amvault will be able to do exactly what you want - pluck the fulls off
> vtapes and put them on DVDs.

I want things to run from a cron job.  We only have a single DVD burner.
I only want fulls and *some* incrs on the DVDs, not all of the incrs.

Also I am pretty much stuck with 2.5.0, since that is what comes with
CentOS... (I don't at this point want to 'experiment' with a bleeding
edge self-built package, not for something like this.)

--
Robert Heller             -- Get the Deepwoods Software FireFox Toolbar!
Deepwoods Software        -- Linux Installation and Administration