On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 10:08:04AM -0500, upengan78 wrote:

> @ Jon,
>
> It doesn't show me 3.1.1 version available in CSW which I am using here. See
> below,
>
> /opt/csw/bin/pkgutil -c amanda
> Checking catalog integrity with gpg.
> gpg: Signature made Sun Oct 17 21:35:22 2010 CDT using DSA key ID A1999E90
> gpg: Good signature from "Blastwave Software (Blastwave.org Inc.)
> <softw...@blastwave.org>"
> package                   installed                 catalog
> CSWamanda                 2.5.2p1,REV=2008.05.21    SAME
>
> Is openCSW for opensolaris or something, ofcourse I will google it now :)

I don't know the details, but there was a disagreement among
the owner of the blastwave name and some (all?) of the developers
who maintained the packages.  This eventually caused a fork of
the catalog with the new one being called openCSW.

It seemed to me that openCSW is now more complete and better
maintained than blastwave.  I switched earlier this year.
I think packages from the two sites are supposed to be
?interchangeable? (i.e. you should be able to pick and
choose from either site).  I've not encountered any
problems caused by my switching sites, but if I were
switching a production system I'd make sure all pkgs
were from the same site.

jl
--
Jon H. LaBadie                  j...@jgcomp.com