> You can't use amrestore to directly read the dump from a vtape, use something
> like:
>   amrestore -r file:/backup/tapepools/DailySet/DailySet-69

For that I would have to point the data-link to the needed tape? That is
something I actually wanted to avoid :)

> or : amtape CONF label DailySet-69
>       amrestore -r file:/backup/tapepools/DailySet
>

> It is a lot easier to use amfetchdump:
> amfetchdump CONF tobak012.intern.backup.muessi.de /etc 20140128003001

That command obviously needs human interaction and has to be run as user backup?

backup@tobak012:~/hoehoe$  amfetchdump DailySet
tobak012.intern.backup.muessi.de /etc 20140128
1 volume(s) needed for restoration
The following volumes are needed: DailySet-69
Press enter when ready

I want to avoid that too.
So far running amanda-2.6.1 I used to autorestore via

amrestore -p tobak012.intern.backup.muessi.de  |tar [option]  - ./

which is rather fine in running automatically, unattended and with no need of
an amanda-Database.
As I understand, amrestore so far only has been a wrapper for dd if=<file>
bs=32k skip=1?
Why has this simple functionality been changed?

No offense, just wondering :)

/mm

--
BOFH excuse #244: