On 01/27/2014 01:35 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
Do I have to use a specific version of amanda (newer than release X) to
make use of pigz?

I tested 3.3.6 using pigz as a client-compress-custom options and amrestore can restore it.

I don't know exactly what's the problem, so I can't tell you when it was fixed.

Jean-Louis

I use it for compressing on a new client but the amrestore on the server
has problems to unpack the stuff:

amanda@backup /mnt/md4/restore/verify $ amrestore /dev/nst0
Restoring from tape daily03 starting with file 1.
amrestore: 1: restoring split dumpfile: date 20140123220010 host main
disk virt-backup-IKW_SQL part 1/UNKNOWN lev 2 comp N program /bin/tar
amrestore: 2: restoring split dumpfile: date 20140123220010 host main
disk 2013 part 1/UNKNOWN lev 0 comp cust program /bin/tar
client_custom_compress /usr/bin/pigz
ERROR: /usr/bin/pigz exited with status 2

amanda-3.2.1 on the server (we had to keep it on that version because of
several dependencies ... app, glibc, kernel) ... pigz installed long
after amanda ... in the correct path.

So far I haven't found out what "status 2" means here.

I assume I should re-install amanda with "debug" on and read the logs,
right?

Thanks, Stefan