Amanda 3.3.4

Hi,

Seems like I'm having trouble getting amanda to use my holding disk.

Here's my setup in amanda.conf:

define holdingdisk holdingdisk1 {
  directory "/mnt/amanda-holdingdisk1/"
  use 4500Gb
  chunksize 100Gb
}

define dumptype gui-base {
       global
       program "GNUTAR"
       comment "gui base dumptype dumped with tar"
       compress none
       index yes
       maxdumps 2
       max-warnings 100
       allow-split true #Stauffer. Default is true.
       holdingdisk yes  #Stauffer. Default is auto.
}

When I run amcheck, it's not giving me any msg regarding holding disk,
positive or negative. A few things I've seen online have shown amcheck
reporting on holding disk status.

My tapetype has this:

    #settings for splitting/spanning
    part_size 190G # about 1/10 of tape size - should be used when using
holding disk
    # these should be used when no holding disk is used - but cache size
determines
    #   part size (AFAIK), and lots of small parts in a dump is said to be
inefficient
    part_cache_type memory
    part_cache_max_size 12G

I ran a level 0 dump and saw this:

  USAGE BY TAPE:
  Label               Time         Size      %  DLEs Parts
  000406-jet1        21:21        2152G  152.1     2   181
  000407-jet1         7:17         660G   46.6     1    56

which looks to me like parts of 12G, close to my 14G cache size.

Do I need to do something else to tell amanda to use my holding disk?
Thanks.

-M