Hi all, I’ve written in about this before, but I have yet to find a
satisfactory answer and am hoping someone has a solution. I have a Red Hat
based Amanda server and mostly Red Hat Amanda clients with the exception of a
few Windows 7 systems running the ZManda Community Windows Client. Everything
works great until one of the Windows hosts is unavailable during backups. If
that happens, not just that host will fail but other hosts (not all, but at
least half or so) will also fail to back up properly. I can even see this
problem when running an “amcheck”. If I comment out the problem Windows host
from the disk list, I see no errors. However, if I leave the host in the disk
list, I get errors about a number of our Linux clients like:

WARNING: foo.eecs.utk.edu: selfcheck request failed: error sending ACK: write
error to: Broken pipe

Note, this only happens when a Windows system is having problems, not if any of
the Linux systems is down or otherwise unavailable when the backups run.

I made sure to upgrade everything to 3.3.6 but that doesn’t seem to have fixed
things.

Does anyone have the same experience?

Thanks,

Markus
---
Markus A. Iturriaga Woelfel, IT Administrator
University of Tennessee
Min H. Kao Building, Suite 424 / 1520 Middle Drive
Knoxville, TN 37996-2250
mitur...@eecs.utk.edu / (865) 974-3837
http://twitter.com/UTKEECSIT