> On Dec 10, 2014, at 7:44 PM, Debra S Baddorf <badd...@fnal.gov> wrote:
>
> Does this involve mixing the type of  authentication:   BSD,   BSDTCP,  KRB5,
>  (do other types exist? )
> Are your Linux systems all using the same type of authentication?   What does
> a Windows client have to use?

Yes, the Windows client only supports the bsdtcp authentication type. Our Linux
hosts are all configured to use ssh as authentication/transport mechanism.

> I’m having similar problems when my Linux nodes are down, because some of
> them are using different
> types of authentication from the older nodes.    I don’t know if the problem
> would go away if all nodes
> were at modern BSDTCP or KRB5 ,  but right now,  my older BSD-only nodes
> choke if a newer node
> is offline.
>
> I too went to 3.3.6 and found no relief.    I’ve gotten sidetracked from
> trying to fix the code myself.

Yeah, I was hoping it was fixed in 3.3.6. I made sure to update our server and
all clients, but no dice. I *really* don’t want to have to split up my backups
between Windows (only a few hosts) and Linux if possible.

Thanks for the input,

Markus

---
Markus A. Iturriaga Woelfel, IT Administrator
University of Tennessee
Min H. Kao Building, Suite 424 / 1520 Middle Drive
Knoxville, TN 37996-2250
mitur...@eecs.utk.edu / (865) 974-3837
http://twitter.com/UTKEECSIT