FWIW  (not a *whole* lot):      since I can see this problem in amcheck,   I
run amcheck in a cronjob just before I leave for the day.
5-8 minutes later  I run another cronjob to send me an email :
     “Did you get the previous cronjob???  If not,  maybe a node is down.
Check it out!”
If I get BOTH logs,  all is well.   If not,  the second log reminds me to go
check things out before I leave for the day.

Deb Baddorf
Fermilab