On 24/10/17 02:07 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:

I was able to label the vtapes in storage "daily" but can't figure out
why this command accesses changer "disk1" instead of "disk2" ->

$ /usr/sbin/amlabel  --storage vault --pool vault daily vault01 slot 1
Reading label...
Found label 'daily01' but it doesn't match the labelstr
'^daily[0-9][0-9]*$'.
Not writing label.
Not writing label.

tried several combinations of parameters etc ...
$ man amlabel
       --storage storage
Assign the storage to the label, it can only be used with --assign,
           you can't assign a storage to a new labelled volume.

This is not what you want.
You want amlabel to do its operation on the vault storage.
amlabel operate on the first configured storage, so this is what you must change.

$ amlabel -ostorage=vault daily vault01 slot 1

Jean-Louis
This message is the property of CARBONITE, INC. and may contain confidential or
privileged information.
If this message has been delivered to you by mistake, then do not copy or
deliver this message to anyone.  Instead, destroy it and notify me by reply
e-mail