On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 09:20:16 -0400, Jean-Louis Martineau wrote:
> Amanda 3.5 can do everything you want only by running the amdump command.
>
> Using an holding disk:
>
>   * You configure two storages
>   * All dumps go to the holding disk
>   * All dumps are copied to each storages, not necessarily at the same
>     time or in the same run.
>   * The dumps stay in holding until they are copied to both storages
>   * You can tell amanda that everything must go to both storage or only
>     some dle full/incr

Am I understanding correctly that in order to have amdump schedule dumps
for copying to the vault (thus avoiding the need to run "amvault"
separately), I have to define a "vault" option for the main storage?

(In partiular, if my main storage is the implicitely-generated one named
after my config name, I still need have a "define storage" section for
it in order to include the "vault" option there?)

Also, is this summary correct?:

  1) the "vault" option on the main storage tells amdump the storage(s)
     which should automatically "get sent" copies of the dumps as they
     are written to the main storage

  2) the "dump-selection" option on the vault storage definition then
     controls which of those "main" dumps actually get written to that
     vault storage.

  3) the "vault-storage" option controls whether the dumps selected in
     step 2) are automatically written to the vault storage as part of
     the normal amdump run?

Thanks.

                                                        Nathan

Nathan Stratton Treadway  -  natha...@ontko.com  -  Mid-Atlantic region
Ray Ontko & Co.  -  Software consulting services  -   http://www.ontko.com/
 GPG Key: http://www.ontko.com/~nathanst/gpg_key.txt   ID: 1023D/ECFB6239
 Key fingerprint = 6AD8 485E 20B9 5C71 231C  0C32 15F3 ADCD ECFB 6239