Stefan,

Post all debug files and log generated while running amflush.

Jean-Louis

On 10/11/17 08:45 AM, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
Am 2017-11-08 um 18:57 schrieb Jean-Louis Martineau:
On 28/10/17 12:37 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
Is it possible to amflush dumps from holdingdisk to tape while keeping
the dump files in the holdingdisk (for flushing them to a second set of
tapes later or just restore purposes) ?

It's not possible to flush them again.

Keeping them for restore: no, but it is a good idea for future feature.
OK. I try:

2 storages in one config:

define storage daily {
         tapepool "daily"
         tapetype "LTO6"
         tpchanger "robot"
         #labelstr "^CMR[0-9][0-9]*$"    # label constraint regex: all
tapes must match
         autolabel "CMR%b"       # label constraint regex: all tapes must
match
         autoflush       no
         flush-threshold-dumped  500 # (or more)
         flush-threshold-scheduled       500 # (or more)
         taperflush      500
         runtapes 4                      # number of tapes to be used in
a single run of amdump
}

define storage archive {
         tapepool "archive"
         tapetype "LTO6"
         tpchanger "robot"
         #labelstr "^ARC[0-9][0-9]*$"    # label constraint regex: all
tapes must match
         autolabel "ARC%b"       # label constraint regex: all tapes must
match
         runtapes 4                      # number of tapes to be used in
a single run of amdump
         dump-selection ALL FULL
}

-

The ARC-tapes are WORM and should only get the lev0 dumps.

labelled tapes ... examples:

0 ARC866 reuse BARCODE:CMR866L6 BLOCKSIZE:32 POOL:archive
STORAGE:archive CONFIG:daily

20171023201805 CMR940 reuse BARCODE:CMR940L6 BLOCKSIZE:32 POOL:daily
STORAGE:daily CONFIG:daily

I ran amdump --no-taper in the last days to collect lev0 in holdingdisk,
now I want to write/amflush these dumps to the tapes in storage "archive".

amcheck is OK, but amflush fails.

amflush daily -o storage=archive

Is that related to the TAPE POOL or what?

The report mail isn't clearly telling me what the problem is, it simply
does not start flushing.

A line from amstatus:

samba.gigabit.net:veeam_backup       20171108204306 0      3149g (daily)
terminated while waiting for flushing

What does the (daily) mean here?

pls advise, I should do that archive run this weekend.
thanks

ps: amanda-3.5, btw

This message is the property of CARBONITE, INC. and may contain confidential or
privileged information.
If this message has been delivered to you by mistake, then do not copy or
deliver this message to anyone.  Instead, destroy it and notify me by reply
e-mail