On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 10:15:28 -0500, Jean-Louis Martineau wrote:
> Nathan,
>
> Try this patch.
>
> run: amdump --no-dump --no-flush CONFIG
> Will do all scheduled vault to the vault-storage

I recompiled with this patch applied and repeated the test.  Sure
enough, the above command did do the vaulting for all the dumps saved in
the first phase, and the report it generated did not have the
  planner: FATAL no DLE to backup
or
  planner: Argument 'BADHOST' matches neither a host nor a disk.
  driver: WARNING: got empty schedule from planner
lines...

(Also, the DUMP SUMMARY section did included the VAULT operation for
each dump, as expected after the other Report-3.5.diff patch.)

The one thing that wasn't quite correct this time around was that the
FAILURE DUMP SUMMARY section of the report *did* have a RESULTS MISSING
line for each DLE.

After comparing the log files for the run from the original email and
this one, I believe these messages are triggered because using --no-dump
means the log file has a "DISK planner" line for each DLE in the
disklist (lines which don't exist when BADHOST is given).

(But I'm not sure if the correct solution is for  no_dump = TRUE to also
also suppress those "DISK planner" lines from being generated in the
first place, or if Report.pm should treat a VAULT line in the DUMP
SUMMARY as a valid "result" for that DLE...or something else.)

                                                Nathan

Nathan Stratton Treadway  -  natha...@ontko.com  -  Mid-Atlantic region
Ray Ontko & Co.  -  Software consulting services  -   http://www.ontko.com/
 GPG Key: http://www.ontko.com/~nathanst/gpg_key.txt   ID: 1023D/ECFB6239
 Key fingerprint = 6AD8 485E 20B9 5C71 231C  0C32 15F3 ADCD ECFB 6239