On Sat, Sep 07, 2019 at 12:44:00 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Saturday 07 September 2019 12:05:45 Nathan Stratton Treadway wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Sep 07, 2019 at 04:31:04 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > > i interchanged the order, so /boot was first and removed those dle's
> > > that weren't mounted. Same story, dead the second amanda touched it.
> >
> > (Note that the order the DLEs are listed in the disklist doesn't
> > control the order they are dumped.  But I guess in fact you would be
> > able to tell which DLE was the one that triggered the crash because
> > that one DLE will have a "data timeout" error in the Amanda Mail
> > Report.)
> >
> That would be /, the last in last nights emailed list. All report loss of
> path.

Hmmm.  Well if it were me I would probably try commenting out all the
pincn DLEs other than the /boot one, and see if running just that one --
which is presumably both small and simple -- dump still caused a crash.

(Or you could just manually execute "amdump CONFIG picnc /boot" to kick
off a run of just that one DLE, if that doesn't mess up your tape cycle,
etc. too much.)

> > That doesn't seem very likely to me... but this is definitely a
> > question to take up with an rpi-knowledgeable crowd.
>
> Who are rather unsupprisingly, ill informed if its not a core app for
> them. My running amanda, or LinuxCNC isn't an approved and blessed
> activity on one of their beloved pi's and is not going to be blessed by
> the koolade drinkers answers.  The answers are more often than not
> delivered with a liberal dose of condecension.

(Well that does sound nice. Is there a debian-arm forum or mailing list?
Such a group might have the right overlap of general ARM-and-Debian and
specific rpi-hardware knowledge....)

> That journalctl would take a reboot, which might do some housekeeping, so
> I'll stick card in reader and get the core dump before I reboot.

Fingers crossed the core dump gives you some useful information.

One other idea occurred to me: if you leave "top" running on picnc in an
ssh session while Amanda starts up, then with luck when the system
crashes the terminal window will still show the output of "top" at that
moment.

                                                Nathan

Nathan Stratton Treadway  -  natha...@ontko.com  -  Mid-Atlantic region
Ray Ontko & Co.  -  Software consulting services  -   http://www.ontko.com/
 GPG Key: http://www.ontko.com/~nathanst/gpg_key.txt   ID: 1023D/ECFB6239
 Key fingerprint = 6AD8 485E 20B9 5C71 231C  0C32 15F3 ADCD ECFB 6239