Am 16.12.20 um 15:42 schrieb Gene Heskett:
On Wednesday 16 December 2020 05:14:14 Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:

https://github.com/stefangweichinger/amanda-helpers

;-)

not much content so far.

As I see.  What does it take to get commit perms?

well ...

That needs the whole "how to use git(hub)" workshop ;-)

git and github rotates around the principles of forking that repository, doing your changes there and filing a so-called pull request. So basically only I as the creator of the repo have direct commit access (basic usage of github repos ...).

That means quite some learning curve in the beginning, although it pays off later ...

There are dozens of howto articles and videos online, but I understand if someone (you?) doesn't want to do all that work just to share some script.

For a start you might send me the script per private mail and I put it up there. After that anyone with github access might be able to suggest changes etc via pull requests.