On Wednesday 16 December 2020 10:12:52 Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:

> Am 16.12.20 um 15:42 schrieb Gene Heskett:
> > On Wednesday 16 December 2020 05:14:14 Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
> >> https://github.com/stefangweichinger/amanda-helpers
> >>
> >> ;-)
> >>
> >> not much content so far.
> >
> > As I see.  What does it take to get commit perms?
>
> well ...
>
> That needs the whole "how to use git(hub)" workshop ;-)
>
> git and github rotates around the principles of forking that
> repository, doing your changes there and filing a so-called pull
> request. So basically only I as the creator of the repo have direct
> commit access (basic usage of github repos ...).
>
> That means quite some learning curve in the beginning, although it
> pays off later ...
>
> There are dozens of howto articles and videos online, but I understand
> if someone (you?) doesn't want to do all that work just to share some
> script.
>
> For a start you might send me the script per private mail and I put it
> up there. After that anyone with github access might be able to
> suggest changes etc via pull requests.

I wrote all that back in the 2004 time frame, long before I had a
pulmonary embolism at age 79 that cost me a few IQ points.  Lets just
say that its one hell of a scary way to die, which over 98% of people
do, but I survived.

If I decide to do that, the archive I have here is a bit out of date, so
I'll copy what I have to another directory, then clean out the data
subdir, and tarball whats left and send it to you.

How does that sound?

Take care and stay well Stefan.

Copyright 2019 by Maurice E. Heskett
Cheers, Gene Heskett