From: Bowie Bailey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Lucio Chiappetti wrote:

>> We use sendmail 8.13.1, amavisd-new-2.1.2 in the "milter"
>> configuration and spamassassin (spamd) 3.0.4. With the exception of
>> spamassassin (newest release) the software is the one which comes
>> bundled with Linux SuSE 9.2.
>
>The newest version of SpamAssassin is 3.1.1.

OK, I should have said "newer", not "newest". The choice was done by our
system manager to align with the recommendation we got (see original
post), instead of sticking to the SuSE bundled stuff (which we generally
prefer).

But is the spamassassin version relevant at all to the questions I asked ?

The only other reply I got (privately) was by Petr Rehor, saying

Milter from amavisd-new package can't add detailed headers. When you
use amavisd-new 2.2.0 or higher, you can use
http://amavisd-milter.sf.net

I assume this definitely answers "NO" to my questions (numbering in my

  1) can one generate the detailed spamassassin report with milter ?
  2) can one generate the X-Spam headers with milter ?

I guess it might answer "NO" also to the questions

  4) can one replace the default X-Virus-Scanned by amavisd-new with
     a more detailed X-Spam-Virus-Scanned by amavis... on host xxxx ?
  6) can one customize the reject=550 5.7.1 Message content rejected
     with a longer and clearer message ?

Can anybody confirm ?
If all answers are negative, will they be positive with the milter in
http://amavisd-milter.sf.net ?

Most of this is something would be nice to have but we can live without,
the only one which is somehow relevant is question 6 (the reject message).

However other questions are still unanswered. I'll repost a shorter
request for clarification soon.