Hi All,

I'm testing/configuring a new mailgateway with a more current version
Postfix, AMaViS-new, SpamAssassin, Kaspersky-AV and ClamAV combi.

The new Mailgateway has AMaViS has version 2.4.1
What I'm trying to do is to ban encrypted .ZIP (and some other) archives
but to pass unencrypted .ZIP containing an encrypted .ZIP. Therefore I
use the new style of banned lookup table with $banned_namepath_re. The
old method is disabled.

I have got this section:

 -----8<-----

# # within certain archives allow leaf members at any depth if crypted
  [ qr'(?# ALLOW ENCRYPTED )
       ^ (.*\t)? T=(zip|rar|arj) (.*\n)+ (.*\t)? A=C (\t.*)? \z'xmi => 0
],

# # allow crypted leaf members regardless of their name or type
# [ qr'(?# ALLOW IF ENCRYPTED )    ^ (.*\t)? A=C (\t.*)? \z'xmi => 0 ],

# # block if any component can not be decoded (is encrypted or bad
archive)
# qr'(?# BLOCK IF UNDECIPHERABLE ) ^ (.*\t)? A=U (\t.*)? \z'xmi,

 -----8<-----

But it does not work.

Encrypted .ZIP is passed with ***UNCHECKED*** in the Subject: field.
(Should be blocked)
Encrypted .ZIP in a nonencrypted .ZIP is passed with ***UNCHECKED*** in
the Subject: field. (This is a correct action.)

Did I misunderstood the comments or do I have another error?

Another problem is that 'kill -HUP' of the amavisd master dies silently
instead of doing a reload. No errors in the log, not even in debug
mode... I have (re)checked the ownership of the amavisd files, but did
not find an error. Have you got an idea where to look?

Cheers,
       Harrie (quite hot over here...)