Alexander,

> Ok, but can't it be possible that the whole message gets UTF8
> encoded, since the header is ASCII anyway the problems occur only on
> the body.

Maybe some perl magic, but I haven't seen anything like that so far.
Also, amavisd sets its temporary file to binmode.

> I added a tcpdump.raw file to my webspace http://www.temporal.ch/tmp

Thanks, but you packet capture truncated packets to 96 bytes.
To see anything useful full packets need to be captured, usually
option -s 0 to tcpdump does that, or use -s 1600.

> I don't think its complete but I have no idea of how to get all
> packets involved, I just collected all incoming/outgoing packets on
> port 10024 and 10025 (amavis and postfix). The mailserver is running
> on a virtual host, who doesn't have 127.0.0.1, localhost gets mapped
> directly to the hosts normal ip. Maybe that brings up a problem with
> the SMTP session?

As long as you specify the correct interface, it should do.
Usually the lo0 is the right ome, but sometimes it may be the
ethernet interface. Your capture looks fine in this respect.
Btw, the best tool to look at it is wireshark (new name for ethereal).

> Well I forgot to mention im filtering all recieved headers which
> contain localhost, to correct my evidence I uploaded two messages
> without that filtering.

Ok, thanks.

It would also be useful to take a look at the temporary file.
Set sender address in:
  @debug_sender_acl = qw( [EMAIL PROTECTED] );
and the tenporary file will not be deleted after the session,
left at email.txt in a temp dir.