-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 12:15:22 -0500
> Von: Michael Scheidell <scheid...@secnap.net>
> An: Ralf Heidenreich <r...@lx-work.de>, AMaViS-user@lists.sourceforge.net
> Betreff: Re: [AMaViS-user] Amavis in pre-queue mode

> > Hello,
> >
> > before i was using amavis in post-queue mode.
> > But due to german law, i must use amavis in pre-queue mode.
> > How can i accelerate amavis, to use it in pre-queue mode?
> > \
>
> Just curious:
>
> What is english translation of german law, something like
> "You must use amabisd-new in pre-queue mode under penalty of law"?

Sie müssen Amavisd-New im "pre-queue" Modus benützen wegen der deutschen
Gesetzgebung.

> Since amavisd-new in pre-queue mode is SLOW.... SLOW ... SLOW,  as you
> have
> been warned, and since their are lots of site in Germany using amavisd-new
> in post-queue mode, maybe you need to look to see what the german law
> really
> says and see if their might be a better supported way to do this?
>
> Has it something to do with backscatter? Then just disable bounces.
>
> Has it something to do with the RFC's REQUIRING DSN if the email fails?
>

> You are NOT going to get amavisd-new to run fast in pre-queue mode, so,
> get
> your blue pin stripped suite ready since you and every system
> administrator
> in Germany is about to put into jail.

The point is that German law is saying that IF you take the mail, then you HAVE
to deliver it. You can theoretically take the mail into queue and not deliver
it but you need to get permission from the mail owner to do so. And if it comes
hard on hard, then the original recipient still has the possibility to say that
you deleted the mail and then you are lost. That kind of risk no one wants to
take. I know, I know. It is stupid but Germany is full of regulations all over
the place. Lucky me I am from Switzerland :)

http://www.gmx.net/de/go/multimessenger