Michael,

> documentation says to activate bounce_killer, set score to non zero, and
> that default is 0, but config file shows 100:
>
> The only user-configurable setting is $bounce_killer_score (also member
>   of policy banks), its default value is 0. To activate the bounce killer
>   feature, set the $bounce_killer_score to a positive number, e.g. 100.
>   A bounce killer score does not contribute to SpamAssassin's
> auto-learning.
>
> But, -dist file (which really is the default) shows it at 100 points:

I do NOT consider a -dist file (amavisd.conf) a default.

The default is when a config file is empty, it is a value
supplied by amavisd program itself at initialization time.

> grep bounce_killer_score *
> amavisd.conf:$bounce_killer_score = 100;
> amavisd.conf-default: -
> amavisd.conf-dist:$bounce_killer_score = 100;
> amavisd.conf-sample:# $bounce_killer_score = 100;

The amavisd.conf-default documents these built-in defaults.

By mistake I left out a
  $bounce_killer_score = 0;
from a amavisd.conf-default file, which may suggest that
a default value is undef - which is not far away from the truth,
the value is false one way or another.