> originating  recip. is local
>       0             0                    can't happen (open relay)
>       0             1                    inbound
>       1             0                    outbound
>       1             1                    internal-to-internal
>
> # a global setting, can be overridden by a policy bank,
> # so in this case will apply only to inbound mail
> #
> @bypass_virus_checks_maps = ();
>
> # mail originating from our users, override global settings
> #
> $policy_bank{'ORIGINATING'} = {
>   originating => 1,
>   bypass_virus_checks_maps => [
>     { '.mydomain1.org' => 0,  # internal-to-internal
>        '.mydomain2.org' => 0,
>        '.' => 1,  # skip the check for everybody else (outbound)
>     } ],
> };

Btw, the shown example is just an illustration on how to deal
with the 3(4) possibilities when needed.

Assuming mailer is not an open relay, and for the task at hand
(needing a setting for outbound mail), a single global setting
of @bypass_virus_checks_maps suffices, because if recipient
is non-local we know mail could only be originating from our
users.

@bypass_virus_checks_maps = (
   { '.mydomain1.org' => 0,  # inbound or internal-to-internal
      '.mydomain2.org' => 0,
      '.' => 1,  # skip the check for everybody else (outbound)
   } );