2010/4/29 Jernej Porenta <jernej.pore...@arnes.si>:

> If your server has plenty of space, that does not mean that your database has
> plenty of space. Check your database!

if I have sufficient space, that way it is not the problem

>> $timestamp_fmt_mysql = 1; # if using MySQL *and* msgs.time_iso is TIMESTAMP;
>> #   defaults to 0, which is good for non-MySQL or if msgs.time_iso is
>> CHAR(16)
>>
>> I activates this line, I read that this is better to have activated it
>> when you have amavisd with mysql
>
> $timestamp_fmt_mysql should be 1 only if you set msgs.time_iso field to
> TIMESTAMP. But sql schema you've sent, does NOT have it, so don't change it,
> unless you are going to change the schema. Read the documentation again...

ok but in my new schema i have this :

CREATE TABLE msgs (
  partition_tag integer    DEFAULT 0,   -- see $sql_partition_tag
  mail_id    varbinary(12) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,  -- long-term unique mail id
  secret_id  varbinary(12)   DEFAULT '',  -- authorizes release of mail_id
  am_id      varchar(20)   NOT NULL,    -- id used in the log
  time_num   integer unsigned NOT NULL, -- rx_time: seconds since Unix epoch
  time_iso   char(16)      NOT NULL,    -- rx_time: ISO8601 UTC ascii time
  sid        bigint unsigned NOT NULL, -- sender: maddr.id
  policy     varchar(255)  DEFAULT '',  -- policy bank path (like macro %p)
  client_addr varchar(255) DEFAULT '',  -- SMTP client IP address (IPv4 or v6)
  size       integer unsigned NOT NULL, -- message size in bytes
  content    binary(1),

> If you have deleted the database, then you will be probably be just fine for
> a while, but after a while, you will run out of space in your database and
> the same thing will happen again. You should monitor your database usage
> (especially Innodb_pool) more often...

if it creates new db because I must provide a fast solution, I am not
appropriate it, but for that reason I am reviewing docu.

when you talk about  (especially Innodb_pool) ? is this

key_buffer = 16M
max_allowed_packet = 64M
table_cache = 64
sort_buffer_size = 512K
net_buffer_length = 8K
read_buffer_size = 256K
read_rnd_buffer_size = 512K
myisam_sort_buffer_size = 8M

# of RAM but beware of setting memory usage too high
#innodb_buffer_pool_size = 16M
#innodb_additional_mem_pool_size = 2M

what I do not understand that is what db determines the space of my db?

regardss

--
rickygm

http://gnuforever.homelinux.com