Hi intermilan04,

It's not a race.  Relax, be patient, and you will see how the game
works.  The game is an exquisite balance of disciplined patience,
patience to the point of boredom and beyond, and the need to
instantly recognize when it's time, finally, to not be patient
another minute.

The boredom should outweigh the action, by far.

As for money running out before you learn ... there is always paper
trading.  It has its obvious drawbacks however (too easy to pull the
trigger; too difficult to experience the genuine psychological agony
of a mistake that is really impacting your bottom line), but losing
money is not one of them.

Just remember, you are the prey -- not just when you are new at the
game, but almost always and forever.  Do something visible -- I mean
make a big splash -- and I guarantee the piranha, the sharks, the
T-Rex's and the like, will immediately notice you, and zero in on you
like you are diner.  These are smart weapons with a very, very low
failure rate.  You don't want to be spotted by one of them.

Good luck,

Yuki

i> Yuki,

i> I'm not disagreeing with you that I shouldn't be trading in such a
i> market.  I'm already implementing measures so I can avoid them in
the
i> future.

i> It's live&learn.  The race is on...one's money running out before
one
i> can learn, or otherwise :-)

i> --- In amibroker@yahoogroups.com, Yuki Taga <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> Hi intermilan04,
>>
>> Thursday, August 31, 2006, 11:57:29 AM, you wrote:
>>
>> i> Hi Yuki,
>>
>> i> There are stocks, low-cap stocks where 900 shares buy order
>> overnight
>> i> is actually huge.  I'm not saying 100% that my stock of today was
>> i> indeed the case...I do have a reason to believe it was, but it's
>> hard
>> i> to convince others without naming the ticker.
>>
>> Believe me, no one cares about the ticker.  ^_^  You should not be
>> trading in such a market.  The fact that this discussion is taking
>> place makes that painfully obvious.  I'm sorry.
>>
>> Think of it this way:  You are going to make bad trades.  (Everyone
>> does, of course.)  When you recognize you have made a bad trade, you
>> are going to want to get out.  Right then.
>>
>> If you were pretty much the only buyer when you went in, I can assure
>> you that you will pretty much be the only seller when you want to get
>> out.  You will get skinned both ways.
>>
>> i> Now, I am already working toward avoiding those because I
>> obviously do
>> i> not want my order to cause a gap-up in the morning.  Simple
>> approach
>> i> is to buy more expensive stocks, and/or to buy stocks with higher
>> volume.
>>
>> Volume has nothing to do with it.  Money is what we count, and we
>> count it as daily volume times currency unit.  That is either a
>> significant number, which means a very large lake, if not an ocean,
>> to be invisible in, or it means a swimming pool populated by you and
>> probably several Hammerhead sharks.
>>
>> Where do you want to swim?
>>
>> Yuki

Best,