FWIW, I ran into some issues with AlertIf long ago and just coded around them.
My primary use was in Explorations, so I just coded my own lookback since the
build-in lookback parameter seemed problematic in my testing.  I encourage you
to pursue sending the info to support, because I think that there may be some
idiosyncrasies of AlertIf that have not been fully explained.