Rob,

I realize I would get some performance boost, but no can do.  I run a lot of
Mac programs on the same machine that support my trading.  I give 2 cores to
the Mac and 2 cores to the PC.  The only reason I run Parallels is to run
Amibroker.  Otherwise, I would have no need or use for Windows or Parallels.
BTW, Parallels V5 is quite a bit faster than V4.  Fusion 3.1 is a lot faster
than 3.0.  It is close to Bootcamp now, except for gaming graphics.

I also have a duplicate machine that runs the rest of my trading software and
general things like email and web browser.  Both machines are tightly networked
together and back each other up. If my Parallels machine goes down for any
reason, I can bring it up on the other machine from a time machine restore.  As
far as Windows knows, the hardware never changed.

Maintainability, security, and redundancy are more important to me than speed.
If I were to take the approach of running W7 + AB natively on a machine, I
would get a completely separate machine just for that, but then I would have to
network it into the Macs for backups.  Instead, I would likely make it more
like a read only realtime execution system for the day.  The real development
would stay in the Parallels system and I would download the AB folder every
day.  It would not be as simple a setup to maintain as I now have.

BR,

Dennis