TJ,

As a real time day trader I use 12 open charts... each chart currently has 8
panes, but frankly I only use max 3 panes per chart (on some a single pane
only)... I think 8 may have been the default and I didn't change it.
As I understood it, reducing the number of panes didn't add any speed benefit
because unless they were actually being viewed they had no drain on resources.

Yours

Rob