I cant say removing the current from the cvm5 seemed to help the sound
of the rig much.

I tried it with an older version, the VM-5. It didn't radically affect the sound of the rig over the air, but with the DC thru the winding, it talked back like a speaker in the transmitter cabinet. I couldn't crack up the audio without accoustical feedback. With the reactor, the VM-5 was quiet as a mouse, and the waveform at low audio frequencies (< 100~) looked more symmetrical on the scope. I haven't run DC through a modulation transformer secondary since about 1963.

Need a shot of Hank Williams or Patsy Cline? The classic country stars are always singing on MSN Radio Plus. Try one month free! http://join.msn.com/?page=offers/premiumradio