My voice is so lopsided; it has peaks 2 squares pos on the scope
for one square down.  I've tried it on many scopes direct from many good
microphones.  When connecting the same mic to the rig, a 600 watt
carrier output yields 5400 watts PEP output just as the carrier is
pinched on the 100% negative cylce.  If I switch the polarity of the
microphone it all goes downward and pinches the carrier with only a PEP
of about 700-600 watts.  I was very careful to maintain the linearity
and phase of the audio all the way through to the output of the
modulator so that in the old days when we ran 1KW input and got 800 or
more out of the high efficiency finals the PEP was 3 squared for me not
2.  I am now toying with the idea of reversing the phase of the mic and
increasing the carrier to about 1200 watts to yield 1500 PEP, just to
see how it works that way.  Same amount of sideband power just more
carrier.  It probably won't sound as heavily modulated nut I wonder if
it will take out more noise and make diode detection cleaner.

About your modulator decks, do they each have there on modulation XFMR
or is the modulation XFMR common to both.  As for the different sounds
for each one, there may be many variables I am not aware of.  I assume
the quad 100th modulator is AB2 of B and requires some driving power
where as the 4X150 are probably AB1. so there may be different driving
techniques.  I don't know what the peak current capability for either of
those tubes is for a given drive voltage.  I used quad 4CX300s once for
modulators and boy did that thing have the current swing capability, and
in AB1 even.  The sockets were a bear though. I had to make adapters
with octal plugs on them.  I was given the tubes and have no idea what
the real socket even looks like.  I now use quad 813s in AB1 although
they will do AB2 just fine.  They just never draw and grid current at
the low level we run them these days.  I run about 2500 volts on the
plates and 800 on the screens setting the bias to idle total cathode
current of about 100 ma.  They show just a tiny little color on the
plates.

John,
WA5BXO