http://cgi.ebay.com/4-Watt-FM-Stereo-Broadcast-Radio-Transmitter-PLL-AGC_W0Q
QitemZ5873268749QQcategoryZ4675QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Edit that to fit the browser.

That is the one I have, its just like a broadcast station, with
a good antenna, the range is very good.
For some reason, mine came with a very large heat sink, maybe the new
models are more efficient.

I have it set up so the transmitter comes on when I power up the shack.
I love old buzzard round tables as I can go make tea, smoke, use the can,
sweep out the garage, etc, all while listening till its my turn.

I made a 1/4 wave dipole out of a PL259 and coat hangers, and stuck it on
my vent pipe on the roof.
I never checked the range, its on 90.4 MHz.
A good antenna would likely get me in trouble.

4 watts and a good antenna would likely go many miles.

The ramsy ones are good for a few hundred feet tops and sound poor.

Brett
N2DTS