Jack,
I would stay with the 55-70 volt modulator current leaning toward the high side. I try to set mine at 65 volts. I would also put the output leads from the modulation transformer back as they were. If you haven't replaced C69, I would. It's unlikely, but I would check C66 - C68 to be sure you don't have a leak there.
Rick

First I swapped the tubes to no avail. I then swapped the wires and now have a strange buzzing that I can not locate but it shows up on the audio with the gain at zero. Don't know if I barfed something up or not ...