Van I did not make that clear, but I was talking about the main tuning cap and the bandspread variables.

If you have all the frequency trimmer capacitors set the same way it is probably as good as it is going to get once you clean and check the variables. Good luck.

Jim/W5JO

Jim. Are you talking about the small trimmer caps across the coils or are you speaking of the main tuning and bandspread tuning capacitors?? Van (already noted and tried the slow upside on the trimmers with no luck. I can get it to track pretty close by setting the tracking on the ham band I am going to use it on (75 meters). And seems to be fairly close on the bdcst band, not as good as I would like it and then it goes to hell in a handbasket! HI HI. Van